More Info
1-800-373-6668 Apply
  • Programs
  • Admissions & Aid
  • Student Life
  • Career Development
  • Who We Are
Toggle Menu

Financial Aid

Student Loans


Below is a list of low-interest loans that enable students to meet their educational costs. Unlike grants, educational loans must be paid back. Interest charges vary with the type of loan, and a minimum monthly payment may be required.

  • Federal Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized Stafford Loans

    Federal Stafford loans, available through the William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program, are low-interest loans made to the student by the US Department of Education. The loan must be used to pay for direct and/or indirect educational expenses. Subsidized loans are need-based, while unsubsidized loans are not. Repayment begins six months after the student graduates, withdraws from school, or falls below half-time enrollment status.

  • Federal Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS)

    The Federal Direct PLUS Loan is available to parents of dependent undergraduate students. These loans are not based on need; however, when combined with other resources, the loan value cannot exceed the student’s cost of attendance. A credit check is required, and either or both parents may borrow through this program. Repayment begins within 60 days of final disbursement of the loan within a loan period.

  • Private Loans

    Private loans offer alternative financing options to cover tuition and fees. A Financial Aid staff member can help guide you through the available options.

  • » Explore other financial aid options, including grants, benefits for veterans, and payment plans below.

    » Learn more about degree programs and online programs offered at Fremont College.

    » Browse Fremont College admissions information.

    Student Grants

    The main criterion for receiving grants is substantial financial need. Grants do not have to be repaid unless a student becomes ineligible. Students must maintain satisfactory academic progress in order to continue receiving grants.

    • Federal Pell Grants

      This grant program is designed to assist undergraduate students who want to continue their education beyond high school and can demonstrate need. Every student is entitled to apply for a Federal Pell Grant. Eligibility is determined by a standard U.S. Department of Education formula, which uses family size, income, and resources to determine need. The actual amount of the award is based upon the cost of attendance, enrollment status, and the amount of money appropriated by Congress to fund the program. The Federal Pell Grant makes it possible to provide a foundation of financial aid to help defray the costs of a post-secondary education. Unlike loans, the Federal Pell Grant does not usually have to be paid back.

    • Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants

      The Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) is available to undergraduate students who have not earned a bachelor or professional degree. Unlike a loan, the FSEOG does not have to be repaid. When determining the priority-based order in which students will be awarded FSEOG funds, Fremont College considers those students with exceptional financial need who will also be receiving Federal Pell Grant monies.

    • Federal Work Study Program

      FWS aid allows students to work part-time and receive need-based aid to finance the cost of their education. Fremont College provides work-study job opportunities to students who qualify.

    • Veterans Administration Funding

      Fremont College is approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for Montgomery GI Bill benefits. Eligible military personnel should contact the Financial Aid Department for further assistance.

    Want to know how to apply for financial aid? Visit our how to apply for financial aid page for step-by-step instructions.

    » Explore other financial aid options, including student loans, benefits for veterans, and payment plans.
    » Learn more about degree programs and online programs offered at Fremont College.
    » Browse Fremont College admissions information.

    Benefits for Veterans

    Educational Benefits for Veterans

    If you’re a returning veteran, you may qualify for educational benefits from the Post 9/11 GI Bill. These benefits could help you complete your degree at Fremont College and launch your career in less time than you thought possible. Fremont College is approved by the Veterans Administration (VA) to provide GI Bill financial aid to qualified applicants. You can complete a degree in Multimedia Design, Business Leadership, Paralegal Studies, or Sports Therapy and become a professional in as few as fifteen months at Fremont College.

    Sounds great – I have a few questions…

    What is the new GI Bill?

    The Post 9/11 GI Bill offers educational benefits to veterans honorably discharged from the U.S. military with ninety or more days of service after September 11, 2001, as well as those honorably discharged due to disability after thirty days of service.

    Which degrees can I earn?

    Fremont College allows qualified applicants to apply their benefits to any of our bachelor and associate degree programs at our Cerritos and Los Angeles campuses, or our online programs. Fremont College provides training for future paralegals, internet marketers, accountants, sports therapists, and human resources professionals through bachelor and associate level degree programs.

    How much will I receive?

    Your benefits will depend on several factors. For more details, you can call Fremont College at 1-800-FREMONT and speak to a financial aid representative who can tell you more.

    I want to learn more about the Post 9/11 GI Bill…

    You can find out more about these benefits at the GI Bill website and apply for GI Bill benefits using the Veterans Online Application site, or schedule an appointment with a financial aid representative who will explain the process and help you apply.

    I want to learn more about Fremont College…

    Come to one of our campuses and see how Fremont College can help you transition to a new career and a new life.

    You can also apply online or call 1-800-FREMONT to schedule an appointment or request more information.

    » Explore other financial aid options, including grants, student loans, and payment plans.
    » Learn more about degree programs and online programs offered at Fremont College.
    » Browse Fremont College admissions information.